cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO auth to OWA via Reverse Proxy

Jump to solution

Hi!

I need create Rule Set for reverse proxy to MS Exchange (OWA) with SSO. User reverse to MWG page, enter login\password and then this login\password substituted to OWA auth page and enter to personal interface (email page). MWG can do it?

Now i use MWG auth in browser, then if user in MS AD he will connect to OWA page where he enter login\password again.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jkendzor
Level 9

Re: SSO auth to OWA via Reverse Proxy

Jump to solution

The 7.5.0 product guide (chapter 14, "Cloud single-sign on") should answer your remaining questions.

7 Replies
jschnell
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi,

can you outline the exact use case?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi jschnell! What do you mean?

Scenario: User reverse to MWG page, enter login\password and then this login\password substituted to OWA auth page and enter to personal interface (email page).

0 Kudos
jschnell
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi,

I simply do not understand the use case!

> User reverse to MWG page,

that is clear

> enter login\password

Where will it be entered and against what will the credentials be verified?

> and then this login\password substituted to OWA auth page and enter to personal interface (email page).

Should MWG know the OWA credentials or comes here MS AD into play. If latter, how should the flow of the data look like?

Thanks

Jan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

User -> owa.example.com/owa -> auth in portal MWG (MS AD) -> login and pass substituted to Exchange OWA (SSO) -> sign in personal mailbox  + use rule sets in MWG for users (block download pdf, doc,...).

Do you understand me now?

0 Kudos
jkendzor
Level 9

Jump to solution

I assume you're looking for the following:

- ruleset that authenticates the user against your Active Directory

- once user is authenticated, he/she can browse to the SSO launchpad

- there, the user will either

• enter credentials for his OWA account (you'd want to create a custom HTTP POST connector first)
    • this would translate into "pass substituted to OWA" in your previous post
  • or even use your custom SAML connector for OWA so there's no need for credential substitution at all.

Is that more or less correct? If not, it would be great if you could outline your requirements in more detail.

Jump to solution

Thank you. where i can get instruction for HTTP POST connector and SAML connector? I have not worked with it ever.

0 Kudos
jkendzor
Level 9

Jump to solution

The 7.5.0 product guide (chapter 14, "Cloud single-sign on") should answer your remaining questions.