Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

SSL Problem with newer version of main release

We have upgraded to 7.5.2.2.0(19971) but we started facing issue for https URLs and it is giving SSL error on client side.After I bypassed those URLs from SSL scanner ruleset it started working.

What can be the problem with newer version?? as earlier URL was running without bypassing from SSL ruleset.

I have noticed  few changes in newer version under policy->SSL client context with CA->Default CA(attached in screenshot) and I think bcoz of these newer options its giving SSL error to client.

Can anyone plz tell me what might be the problem and how to deal with it.

ssl.jpg

4 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: SSL Problem with newer version of main release

Can anyone plz  update me

Highlighted

Haaris,

Those changes should not affect ssl action. Can you provide a screenshot of the error the client is seeing? If this is urgent, I recommend opening a ticket with support. If you already have a ticket open, feel free to ping me the SR and I will take a look at it.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Re: Re: SSL Problem with newer version of main release

Thanks for the reply....

Actually the client is accessing the URL from application for OTP and other things and after upgradation they started facing the problem and the error was related with SSL as told by client, we bypassed those URLs from SSL Scanner and it started working fine.We cant provide the screenshot because we have to replicate the issue which is not possible as it is very critical.

Can you find something if we give you those URLs.May be something with their certificate which newer version doesn't support

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Hi Harris,

Please open a case if this issue is critical, nothing in the update should cause your clients to get certificate warnings. It sounds like the SSL scanner CA isnt trusted.

Best Regards,

Jon

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community