cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ruleset question - read-only dropbox (or any other cloud storage)

Yes please also.....This is an issue we are encountering within our Organisation.  It would be a massive assist to see your Ruleset Output.

btlyric
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 15

So, better late than never.

I've been building out a 7.4.x rule set for our next upgrade so I have some relatively sanitized rules to work with/share.

Caveats:

- This rule set has not been tested in production

- YMMV

- The rule set doesn't include specific templates

- The rule set includes user-defined properties which won't import properly

- There are places in this rule set where I might have ordinarily chosen to refer to a user-defined property, but did not because I knew that I planned to share it

Rule set summary:

- Block stuff that is considered bad

- Offer coaching - in this case for a specific category -- Personal Network Storage

- In the coaching phase, use PDStorage to write a value when a coaching page (AUP) is hit and also when it is accepted

- When the coaching page is accepted, write another PDStorage value indicating that it has been accepted

- Write a user-defined property when we match on a check against that PDStorage value

- Use the user-defined propertyin the Exceptions rule set to set another user-defined property

- Use the last user-defined property to skip the last URL Filter rule set which would otherwise block

Unblack
Level 10
Message 13 of 15

We have to implement such a ruleset.

Does this ruleset work with version 7.6 / 7.7 ?

btlyric
Level 12
Message 14 of 15

Currently using basically the same logic on both 7.5 and 7.6. Have not validated on 7.7.

Highlighted
DBO
Level 9
Message 15 of 15

Imported it in 7.6.2 but having some problems with the missing templates: AUP Download PNS and Block Upload.  For AUP Download PNS, I cloned the Coaching Session exceeded and adapted the text.. For Block upload, I have replaced it for now by URL Blocked templated.  Now the rules seem to work and Upload is blocked but the Block Upload block page is never activated... 

Thank you for the share but there should be a  Best practice detailed document on how to achive this!!! And for Application Control usage...

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community