Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Rule - "OU" Active Directory

Hi, how are you? I hope everything is alright!

Is there a rule to get a machine in an OU in Active Directory?

Thank You

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Rule - "OU" Active Directory

Hello!

Can you share some more details what you would like to achieve? Generally it is possible to query a lot of information from AD via LDAP, but to provide some more assistance I would need to understand what you are looking for.

Maybe you can give me a quick example?

Andre

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hello, thanks for the response and willingness to help.

I put as criteria a group of Active Directory and a list with the name of machines.

The registration of the machines in the list is manual. I would like to get that list automatically. That is, map a group of machines in the active directory to obtain this list automatically.

OU-ActiveDirectory.PNG

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

sorry for the late reply, somehow notifications to my Inbox do not seem to work.

So you generally make a DNS lookup of the Client IP to resolve a clients computer name, then want to compare this against a list you obtain from Active Directory?

Do you have a OU where all the computer objects are present? If so it could be possible to make an ExtList call via LDAP to the active directory and so make a "live" query (which is cached to some extend).

Did I understand this correctly?

Have you ever used the LDAP browser https://www.ldapadministrator.com/info_softerra-ldap-browser.htm?

With that tool you can sort of "walk through" the AD and see where the objects are located you are looking for. You can also make an export of a single object in case you need my help to set this up.

Or do you already know the OU where the machines are stored?

Best,
Andre

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community