cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
franco
Level 8

Rule Tracing webgateway 7

Jump to solution

Under troubleshooting on the Web Gui, rule tracing doesn work! Clicked on webcacher and nothing happens!!!

Any ideas. Thanks in advance, 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dstraube
Level 11

Re: Rule Tracing webgateway 7

Jump to solution

Hello Franco,

the Rule Tracing needs to be enabled before you can actually see some traces. This is done via a Rule, that sets an Event: Enable Rule Tracing. You need to create a your own rule for that, there is no predefined rulet available for this.

This might sound complicated, but by setting this inside a rule you can specify what you want to trace and you don't always need to trace all cycles.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dstraube
Level 11

Jump to solution

Hello Franco,

the Rule Tracing needs to be enabled before you can actually see some traces. This is done via a Rule, that sets an Event: Enable Rule Tracing. You need to create a your own rule for that, there is no predefined rulet available for this.

This might sound complicated, but by setting this inside a rule you can specify what you want to trace and you don't always need to trace all cycles.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos
franco
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hello Dirk,

yes that did it. 

Can i view the rule tracing on the CLI?

Thanks

Franco

0 Kudos
dstraube
Level 11

Jump to solution

Hello Franco,

ls -l /opt/mwg/log/debug/ruleengine_tracing/

will give you a listing of all trace files available for the rule engine tracing (might be quite a lot). You can then view the one you are interested in using more, less or vi.

Something like this would work:

less /opt/mwg/log/debug/ruleengine_tracing/2011.04.14_11_57_08_http___www.golem.de__img_bg_mid.gif.xml

Replace the filename accordingly. The format is always the same, starting with the date and time, followed by trotocol and the url.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos
franco
Level 8

Jump to solution

good stuff.

Once again thanks for your help. (I noticed you have answered the same question in my other  post.

Franco

0 Kudos