Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nidob
Level 7

Remove authentication for accessing internal websites

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

I'm currently using MWG 6.8.6 build 5788. My problem is, when I try to access our internal website, the proxy keeps on asking for a login details (this should only appear when users try to access an external websites) the only difference they have is, when I don't want to authenticate myself (pressing cancel everytime it appears) it still proceeds to said internal website.

The website is hosted on different country but the network being use for both office are all internal.

If you need clarifications, please let me know.

cheers!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jont717
Level 12

Re: Remove authentication for accessing internal websites

Jump to solution

One thing to keep in mind here is that many web sites, even internal site, load content from other servers.  If they are trying to load ANYTHING from another location, you will get the log in prompt. 

For instance, we have www.hp.com in our whitelist.  That mean you do not have to be authenticated to get there, but when you go there it loads different content on other servers than just www.hp.com.  Hitting cancel many times lets the page load, but it will be missing some stuff. 

Try using Fiddler and watch what else is loading when you hit the web site.  http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jont717
Level 12

Jump to solution

One thing to keep in mind here is that many web sites, even internal site, load content from other servers.  If they are trying to load ANYTHING from another location, you will get the log in prompt. 

For instance, we have www.hp.com in our whitelist.  That mean you do not have to be authenticated to get there, but when you go there it loads different content on other servers than just www.hp.com.  Hitting cancel many times lets the page load, but it will be missing some stuff. 

Try using Fiddler and watch what else is loading when you hit the web site.  http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

0 Kudos
nidob
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is the type of application what I exactly need!

Aside from bypassing the external websites I also reconfigured the webwasher since there are redundant authentication settings were present.

Thank you!

Cheers!

0 Kudos