cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Redirecting website request on another MWG Proxy in same or another cluster

Hello Alok,

hope you are doing great.

Thanks for sharing this NHP details in another solved post.

i have some  query on this topic.

1) What should be authentication user id we should use if website which we are redirecting on other web gateway are used by multiple people or can we keep it blank so that whoever will access the website that user ID will authenticate with proxy and will gain access.

2) can this NHP will work if we want to redirect the website on proxy which is on different cluster within same organization.

i am trying to create same NHP rule in our test environment and it seems i am getting error "bad gateway" while accessing the required website which i want to redirect on other web gateway proxy

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Redirecting website request on another MWG Proxy in same or another cluster

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

Yes NHP will work if we want to redirect the website on proxy which is on different cluster within same organization.

Authentication will happen at first proxy and then first can send authentication parameters to NHP if required.

Bad gateway is 502 response code.  You can take packet captures and check the communication.

Was my reply helpful? If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Regards
Alok Sarda
Highlighted

i have created redirection of website "ewaybillgst.gov.in" on India proxy and it seems not working.

i am still getting Bad Gateway for it.

not able to find anything in the wireskark logs too

i have use url.host belongstoDomain List and that i trying to redirect on India Proxy useing NHP.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

Can you upload your config screenshots  along with rule trace and packet captures to some link and ping me the link via chat to download data to have a look.

Also NHP profile setting should have proxy style requests enabled.

Regards

Alok Sarda 

Highlighted

Hello Alok,

Hope you are doing Great and thanks for your response.

it seems to be working now.

device on which I was trying to route the website traffic was having some issues and was in different proxy Cluster.

I have another query on this topic. will there be any kind of Policy loopback will happen if we use same NHP method and route website traffic on different or specific proxy within same Proxy Cluster.

what should be the ideal place of such rule in Proxy ruleset order from top to bottom in order to make sure after redirecting the traffic on another proxy on same cluster, traffic or request should not follow same Policy on both proxies (Management proxy and redirected proxy using NHP).

Highlighted

seems NHP rule suggested by Alok is creating some kind of Policy loop when implemented on Same Cluster to redirect website traffic on another MWG proxy.

need to know how can we stop this loop and get this NHP rule working fine.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

You can add criteria to your rule sets if required accordingly  that would be location specific. For example:

• Proxy.IP
    • System.HostName
    • System.UUID

Please refer below link:-

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Enterprise-Documents/Web-Gateway-Understanding-Central-Management-Cl...

Look for How do I create a region specific policy? part in above link.

Also if required please raise a case with support to further work on this by checking data if required. If you raise a ticket then ping me the service request no.

Highlighted

Hello Alok,

my intension is to create rule which will redirect the website traffic on regional proxy via which it works.

creating Regional Policy will be different.

we want to get the website work with Policy we have for all the Proxy in Cluster at the same time we want the require traffic for website should be sent to specific proxy.

already have raised a case with McAfee 4-21180788021

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community