Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corsar
Level 7

Redirect Fat Finger URLs to another Website

Jump to solution

Hello,

I hope someone could give me a hint.

If a user false types URL, like www.microssft.com he gets a MWG error message, that the Host is not resolvable. How can I built a rule, that in this case the request will forward/redirect to www.google.com?

I am using MWG 7.2.0.1.0 (13253).

Thanks in advance.

corsar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: Redirect Fat Finger URLs to another Website

Jump to solution

I will add something simple to this comment. I am not aware of a property which can catch if you typed a URL and the URL cannot be reached, because the webserver is down or similar. What we can easily do is use the URL someone entered and perform a DNS lookup to see if the domain exists.

If it exists you will be able to access, if MWG cannot find any IP address for the host you will be redirected to Google.

Please note that this ruleset relies on a working and stable DNS and MWG needs to be able to perform DNS lookups.

Maybe it helps.

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch asabban on 02.08.12 06:17:12 CDT
0 Kudos
2 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

I will add something simple to this comment. I am not aware of a property which can catch if you typed a URL and the URL cannot be reached, because the webserver is down or similar. What we can easily do is use the URL someone entered and perform a DNS lookup to see if the domain exists.

If it exists you will be able to access, if MWG cannot find any IP address for the host you will be redirected to Google.

Please note that this ruleset relies on a working and stable DNS and MWG needs to be able to perform DNS lookups.

Maybe it helps.

Best,

Andre

Nachricht geändert durch asabban on 02.08.12 06:17:12 CDT
0 Kudos
Corsar
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. That it`s what I have searched for.

0 Kudos