Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pedro.tavares
Level 10

Realplayer Cloud, stuck at login.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm diagnosting two issues with Realplayer Cloud.

1st - Cannot login. When entering the credientials, the process keeps running forever. An interesting note, if I enter wrong password, it returns a login failure. Bypassing the proxy, works as espected.

BTW, also tested with TMG solution and the same thing appens.

I've excluded all URLs detected by Rule diagnostics (global white-list), I've confirmed that all requests are hitting the Global Whitelist rules.

2nd - Realplayer auto-update feature doesn't work if using proxy automatic detection (wpad). If I change the properties to manually enter the proxy, it does work.

does anyone come across with this issue?

Best regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pedro.tavares
Level 10

Re: Realplayer Cloud, stuck at login.

Jump to solution

Hi,

This problem is solved. For future references,I had to configure WinHttp on the affected system because the realplayer service (rpdsvc.exe) doesn't use the proxy settings.

We don't use Mcafee Proxy Client, so I don't know if is somehow a better solution when multiple machines are affected.

Regards,

Pedro Tavares

3 Replies
pedro.tavares
Level 10

Jump to solution

Meanwhile I've found new info.

It seams that the service RPDSVC.EXE ignores the proxy configurations from Realplayer.exe and establish a direct connection to Real.com AWS services.

2015-02-03_121042.jpg

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Pedro,

I can only recommend to check/ask with Realplayer, as long as there is no connection to the proxy. If you see the traffic is sent to the proxy port and it is still not working, let us know.

Best Regards,

Volker

0 Kudos
pedro.tavares
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

This problem is solved. For future references,I had to configure WinHttp on the affected system because the realplayer service (rpdsvc.exe) doesn't use the proxy settings.

We don't use Mcafee Proxy Client, so I don't know if is somehow a better solution when multiple machines are affected.

Regards,

Pedro Tavares