cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krobertsjr
Level 7

Random Video Problem

I am implementing in new web gateway running 7.3 for the software build. I have random websites where the video will not play. The only thing I can find about these sites is they seem to have the tag as "unverified" in the access log. Has anyone seen this before? Should I be looking in a different log? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Random Video Problem

Hi krobertsjr,

Did you install 7.3 fresh? Or did you start with something older (like 7.1.0.x)?

Starting in 7.1.6 new rules were added regarding streaming which improve the user experience.

For reference see the notes here https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-3348 from 7.1.5 to 7.1.6, in it, it outlines the new streaming detector feature.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
krobertsjr
Level 7

I upgraded to 7.3. I started with 7.1.0.1.  I will read the notes. However are you suggesting that I disable the detector feature in order to get the videos to work? Also which log would you recommend that I look it for possible errors. I have been looking at the access.log, but it does not show any errors.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

I would recommend reimaging if you're starting from scratch (just so you get a feel for what's involved -- it's super easy and takes like 10 minutes).

I was not suggesting you disable the detector feature. I was suggesting you use it as this is what its for.

This is not something you would find in a log. MWG is not blocking anything; its scanning the content, and the video player probably doesnt like that therefore the video doesnt play.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
krobertsjr
Level 7

Thanks for the information. Since this system is in use, I cannot reimage it.  Is there anything else I can try to get the video player and webgateway to coexist? These are random videos from news sites that are media person checks to make sure our ads are playing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

I figured since you said "I am implementing in new web gateway running 7.3 for the software build." you may have the oppourtunity to reimage.

If not, then you can follow the steps in the article mentioned above to create the streaming media rule.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
krobertsjr
Level 7

I must be missing the rule. I do not see it in the document above. Which section is it under?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Its under the 7.1.5 to 7.1.6 section.

See attached screenshot for reference.

streamingmedia.png

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos