cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NetTas
Level 7

Quota issues with 7.3.2.2.0

This is a "head-up" for those considering upgrading to 7.3.2.2.0 who are using (A) Volume Quotas and (B) have an appliance cluster environment.

We recently upgraded 12 appliances that co-existed in a common cluster from version 7.3.2.1.0 to version 7.3.2.2.0.

All went well, apart from the Volume Quota values in the /opt/mwg/plugin/data/quota/quota.db fie are no longer managable, as they have become gross inflated.

A typical example- after resetting the quota.db, with the the space of 1 hour the Daily Volume Usage for one user went from 0 KiloBytes to 8,733,571,416,661,832 KiloBytes ( that's 8.7 ZetaBytes ).

All Users participating in a Volume Quota rule are affected and considering that the maximum Volume Quota that can be allocated in MWG rules is upto 9999 GigaByte, then this function is inoperable.

I have raised a ticket with McAfee support concerning this issue.

3 Replies
darkfell
Level 9

Re: Quota issues with 7.3.2.2.0

We have updated to 7.2 to 7.3.2.2 and also seeing problems with the quota. They do not work and give out some unreal numbers.

Message was edited by: darkfell on 8/21/13 6:28:37 AM CDT
0 Kudos
zilberd
Level 7

I have the same issue with time quota

I hope that the support will solve it

0 Kudos
NetTas
Level 7

McAfee Support have advised me that this issue will be addressed with the next release 7.3.2.3.0. Interesting that the same problem happens with Time Quota

0 Kudos