Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LT1
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Question regarding MWG metrics

Jump to solution
Hi, I need to do a report about the Webgateway usage. However I can't seem to find the information I am looking for on the dashboard. Some of the information I am trying to get is: 1. Number of license in use at a give time 2. Bandwith consumed by IP 3. Various metrics correlated to specific IP/subnets a. Ex: b. TCP/http/FTP/https traffic by IP/subnet Beside the regular dashboards, which doesn't give me options to correlate information between IP/subnet and other metrics, I can't find anything else. Is there a tool/product/module I am missing on MWG? I want data in order to my own statistics and correlations
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AaronT
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Question regarding MWG metrics

Jump to solution

We ended up using McAfee Content Security Report (CSR) to get that data.  You'll have to send the logs to that server then run reports there.  It's the successor to WebReporter.  It works great for getting that information

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AaronT
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

We ended up using McAfee Content Security Report (CSR) to get that data.  You'll have to send the logs to that server then run reports there.  It's the successor to WebReporter.  It works great for getting that information

LT1
Level 8
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I just realized I am not able to get/install the reporter. Is there a way I can analyse the traffic without the tool? Get the raw data, and then organize it by myself?

AaronT
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

You could use syslog data.

If you know linux commands, you could have MWG send the logs (sftp/scp/https) to a linux server, then do command line magic with awk/grep/wc/uniq and see what info you get.

AaronT
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

CSR basically takes the access logs, and normalizes the data in a relational database.  So if you have the raw logs, and know how to get the data you want, you can get it from the raw files.

I mentioned briefly you could use syslog too.  If you are good at getting data from your syslog/SIEM system, you could do that too

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community