cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DnrTech
Level 9

Question about the dashboard refresh times for MWG 7

I am trying to figure out what the time frames are on the top25 lists in the dashboard. I can't seem to figure out a rhyme or reason for what they are showing. Sometimes it seems like it's a cumulative list but other times, the numbers fluctuate so that it seems like it is for a short period of time. Any help is appreciated as my boss keeps asking me to explain what he is seeing on the dashboard and I can't come up with anything good.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nsgmike
Level 7

Re: Question about the dashboard refresh times for MWG 7

dashboarddisplayoptions.JPG

It Changes based on if your displaying last hour, 12 hrs etc

0 Kudos
DnrTech
Level 9

Ok, so it says the static dashboards are cumulative. However, I keep seeing the numbers fluctuate in such a way that couldn't be possible if it were really cumulative. For instance, I was looking at the "Traffic Volume" dashboard at the "Destinations by Number of Requests". It is set to show the top 25 and at one point, the ip address for the MWG was showing over 4000 requests and was number one but now it is showing as the number 5 with only 500 or so requests. If it's static and cumulative, the numbers should never decrease. It's just not very intuitive.

0 Kudos
DnrTech
Level 9

Does anyone understand how the "Destination by Bytes Transferred" and "Destination by Number of Requests" lists on the Traffic Volume dashboard seem tally their data? It definitely isn't cumulative like the documentation says and there is no way to change the view to alter the resolution much less know what that resolution is.

This is really becoming a pain because I can't explain it and the Boss keeps putting heavy weight on this and wants answers as to what the numbers mean.

0 Kudos
nsgmike
Level 7

Thats strange. I have not seen that with my MWG 7. I would call into support if you need an answer right away.

0 Kudos