cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denny
Level 9

QA: client pc raised a message when accessing the website via ISA server

hi team,

i have a web-gw issue need your help. thanks.

WEB-GW 7.2

McAfee Plugins for ISA 1.4

ISA 2004

for issue :

now our web-gw running on proxy mode and enabled ICAP server feature. then installed the McAfee Plugins for ISA on ISA server as a ICAP client.  let all the WEB traffic redirect to WEB-GW . it works well.  we also  enabled the "bypasss on failure" function on mcafee plugins. we let the web-gw down then all traffic back to original line. but we faced a issue that  it came the below message when access the websites on client PC. i tested it on my lab, i can reproduced this issue . my customer do not want to show this on client pc when the web-gw down. May i know what is the root cause and how to fix it ?

1.jpg

please check my config from ISA as below, the ip address 172.16.80.233 is the web-gw and enabled the "bypass on failure" feature.

2.jpg

we let the web-gw down or disable ICAP server feature on web-gw. then the client pc keep accessed the websites fine and we can see all ICAP packet sent to WEB-GW failed. but the message is displayed on the website.  if we disable reqmod and respmod on Plugins, then issue gone.

3.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
denny
Level 9

Re: QA: client pc raised a message when accessing the website via ISA server

hi team,

any help on this question ?

0 Kudos
denny
Level 9

hi all,

have any update ? i think it is the setting of ISA server, but i have no idea .

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Greetings Denny,

Please create a case, any information I would want from you may be sensative and I would not want you to post it here.

Please gather a tcpdump and a feedback from the Web Gateway.

Since all requests are in a failure state, I would guess that the ICAP server would be off on the MWG.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
denny
Level 9

hi Jon,

thanks for your help.

but i think this issue is not from the web-gw. as i pointed out as above that we make the web-gw down, then the client pc keep accessing website fine , that means the

"bypass on failure" feature is working. but just raised the message on website page . if we disable ICAP client (disable reqmod and respmod on plugin) on ISA then the issue gone.  (note: if the web-gw down, but enable ICAP client on plugin , so the all request are in a failure state that is in my expect.  )

0 Kudos
denny
Level 9

can any one help on this issue ?

0 Kudos