cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sert
Level 7

Proxy-chaining between 2 appliances McAfee webgateways

Is there any document to configure proxy-chaining between 2 McAfee webgateways ? How two appliances McAfee web gateway can communicate with each other and send content to each other like user login and user group and the HTTP request. I mean which protocol they may use ICAP, HTTP or there is a configuration that manage this type of communication?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Proxy-chaining between 2 appliances McAfee webgateways

Successfully moved from Community Support to Web Gateway > Discussions

For better exposure and assistance.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hello,

there is an Event available to configure a "Next-hop-Proxy". So you can also configure in Detail which traffic should be forwarded to the Next-Hop-Proxy.

When configuring this, always the same protocol as the request is used.

There are several discussions available for this Feature. There my be some interesting Information for you.

(includes a sample ruleset)

Hope this helps,

Cheers

sert
Level 7

hello,

Thanks for your response,

what do you mean by "When configuring this, always the same protocol as the request is used" ? 
What I understand by your response is there is no need to configure ICAP for chaining or something, next hop proxy can manage this type of communication and send the user information to the other mcafee appliance for doing url filter and anti malware scanning etc.... Is that true?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hello,

if a client connects to the Proxy using HTTP(S), the request is forwarded to the Next-Hop-Proxy without any Change. There is no Change of the Connection protocol at any time. For a Proxy chain (Client --> Proxy1 --> Proxy2 --> Internet) there is no ICAP protocol used.

Hope this is more clear for you.

Cheers

0 Kudos
sert
Level 7

hello,

thanks a lot, yes I did understand

0 Kudos