cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy Client Configuration with Webwasher?

What client configuration are you running and why?

We are using AD Group Policy to force a PAC configuraiton that points to a network location that the PAC is located.  We are running this configuration to allow us to quickly update also have a dynamic failover to the other appliances in our environment.

The reason I bring this up is our configuration caused a failure yesterday because the appliance was hosting a blank PAC file.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ubahmapk
Level 7

Re: Proxy Client Configuration with Webwasher?

We are also pushing (via AD Group Policy) a URL to the proxy.pac file.  So far, we have not had an issue with a blank file, but ....... (crosses fingers)......

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

The only time I've ever seen a PAC file come back blank from the appliance was when the file was editted on the file system itself and the file ownership was not set to wwasher:wwasher. For example, If the ownership is set to root:root, it will come back blank.

Also, if the file just plain doesn't exist on the directory, it will return a blank file. Also, if you have it hosted on multiple machines, I don't think it replicates automatically from a master to a site instance.

0 Kudos

Interesting.  Unfortunatley this wasnt the case.  However on a good note we havent had the issue since.

0 Kudos