cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epop
Level 7

Progress page with IE

Hi

I set up a progress page IN WG7  , When I ftp with firefox the progress page works fine and downloads as needed. However when using IE the ftp session goes to the directory (folder directory) I click on the file to down load and about 10 seconds later I see 'page moved ' and the file doesnt download.  From reading the documents the progress page with  match regex (,*mozilla.*) should work on IE as well ??

Any ideas

e

0 Kudos
6 Replies
malware-alerts
Level 10

Re: Progress page with IE

Which version of Ie are you using to test this?

I've had issues with IE7, not getting the progress page, but IE8 and 9 work well.

0 Kudos
epop
Level 7

Thanks for the reply

I had ie 7 . Just upgraded  to 8 and still no luck.  can you send on how you configured to use the the progress page . I attached the my set up .Do I need to add in any other reg exp for IE ?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Those rules should work just fine (they are the default). That rule will work for all modern browsers (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari..) all browsers contain "mozilla" in the User-Agent string (for more reading).

Rather what I imagine is happening is that the MWG is sending the progress page, but IE doesnt like it.

I would recommend creating a rule like the following.

datatrickling_ftp_2012-04-24_175457.png

Best,

~jon

0 Kudos
epop
Level 7

Hi Jon

Thanks for the reply

I cant seem to access that link you posted , Would it be possible to repost it or attach it again

Thanks

E

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Dont know what happened there, here is the missing screenshot:

datatrickling_ftp_2012-04-24_175457.png

0 Kudos
epop
Level 7

Hi Jon

Thanks for that - Getting somewhere now. I can get the progress page on IE now if the site  doesnt require authentication. The sites that do require authentication ,once logged in list the directory fine but once I click on a file I get page cannot be displayed

0 Kudos