cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Programs made using NSIS still being detected as possible false

I know the consumer submission gets an immediate reply but I am unfamiliar with what happens with corporate. I have stirred up 2 lab techs hopefully 1 is online to answer this.

Highlighted

This is not just one file that needs to be white listed, every program that use nsis installer is flagged positive.

Highlighted

If you could please provide an update of these inquiries

Highlighted

We are only Moderators here, those will come back to whomever sent in the false detections.

Highlighted

I was simply responding to bgartama who seems to be staff. For moderators you guys do a great job by keeping it neat.

Highlighted

Ah  I understand.  Yes he is with McAfee.

Highlighted

Yeah hope he takes a look at this and take an action or at least help contacting the right people.

Highlighted

I would recommend looking over the response from which can be found here:

As he states in his response, Every file we do not know is "suspicious" until it proves it is good. Without samples I cannot not submit anything to the Antimalware Team for review. Since on version 7.4.2.2 I was not able to reproduce the issue with the nsis installer, I believe that this might be an issue with the engine itself. At this point I would recommend that you file service requests with the files that need to be reviewed.

Highlighted

Well some programs are whitelisted now but not every one of them. Anyways I think we have to submit each and every file that use NSIS for inspection

Highlighted

What the owners of NSIS need to do is apply for their software to be cleared and then maybe everything else using it would automatically be cleared as a result.

It would appear that the software may have changed, hence they would need to re-apply.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community