cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ftp using the web gateway and internet explorer

Jump to solution

Good Morning.

We set up a web gateway v 7, when we want to connect via ftp from Windows Explorer automatically opens an internet explorer window and blinds us to upload files.

we can't log in from client
ftp (filezilla) or command line  to upload the files in this way.

someone could support me with a way to solve our problem of upload files by ftp.

regards

Ramirez Wilbert

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: Problems with ftp using the web gateway and internet explorer

Jump to solution

According to my information you won´t be able to use the Windows Explorer for uploading files. What we basically do as a proxy here is creating an FTP connection to the destination server, retrieve the contents, generate a HTML page which shows the content, and present this to the end user.

If there is no proxy in between Internet Explorer is capable of switching to Windows Explorer and allow full FTP access - this won´t work through a proxy.

If Uploads are required I think you will need to utilize the "native FTP Proxy", which is part of MWG and - by default - running on port 2121. You need to tell FileZilla that you need a Proxy to connect to the Internet. Maybe you want to look into this thread:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/193413

This will allow you to upload files via FTP.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
5 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Discussion moved from Community Interface Help to Web Gateway (WebWasher) for better attention.

0 Kudos
imtrying
Level 10

Jump to solution

I had an issue simular to this not long ago.  Might try this:

I have found a write up on McAfee.  If states that if you make the request in the format below it will work.
ftp://usernameSmiley Tongueassword@ftp.ftpserver.com/folder

Here is the article.
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB64255&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

yes, i solved this autentification problem but what i am trying to do is use the windows explorer to open the ftp for upload files like a windows folder but always send me to internet explorer, i cant use the comand lines (cmd) or a client because doesn't connect

thanks for answer

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

According to my information you won´t be able to use the Windows Explorer for uploading files. What we basically do as a proxy here is creating an FTP connection to the destination server, retrieve the contents, generate a HTML page which shows the content, and present this to the end user.

If there is no proxy in between Internet Explorer is capable of switching to Windows Explorer and allow full FTP access - this won´t work through a proxy.

If Uploads are required I think you will need to utilize the "native FTP Proxy", which is part of MWG and - by default - running on port 2121. You need to tell FileZilla that you need a Proxy to connect to the Internet. Maybe you want to look into this thread:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/193413

This will allow you to upload files via FTP.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Asabban thanks, it works properly, configure the client proxy and put the user authentication data.

0 Kudos