cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rionlaw
Level 7

Problem on Mcafee Web Gateway 7 SSL scanner working with Bluebcost

Hi All,

I just upgrade the WebGateway form 6.9 to 7.2 but I find that not work with my bluecost proxy server in some where.

I setup the ICAP server in web gateway and add the server as External Services ICAP in bluecoat.

It work with web page filter but when access the https webpage  which is in our block categories it cannot show properly

Then I try to to use the webgateway as proxy server and it work.

So I think it should be relate to the criteria of SSL Scanner rule ??

But what should I set to let webgateway know that the https request is from bluecoat ICAP ?

Thanks,

Rion

Message was edited by: rionlaw on 3/5/13 1:17:48 AM CST
0 Kudos
4 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: Problem on Mcafee Web Gateway 7 SSL scanner working with Bluebcost

Hello,

is your problem that the image and the stylesheet in the error message are missing? If so you could try right-click the image, copy the link and paste it into the address bar. Maybe some useful error message pops up that gives some further idea?

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
rionlaw
Level 7

I try to check the source code the error page, both are same

I think it related between MWG and bluecoat.

If I run only with MWG there are no problem.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

The image and stylesheet is loaded via a special URL. Probably this URL is not accessible through BlueCoat. That's why I recommend you enter the URL manually and check if there is maybe an error message or similar.

MWG alone will of course work in this case, because the client directly talks to MWG and so all requests to images or stylesheets reach MWG so that it can answer the requests properly.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
rionlaw
Level 7

I have place the mcafee support call.

The enginner help me to modify the default schema adding the proxy.IP and port number.

default.jpg

It work in windows XP + IE7, but when I try to do it in windows 7 and IE9, it still fail

Now waiting for support reply

ie9.jpg

0 Kudos