cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradh
Level 7

Others using WCCP to direct traffic through the proxy?

we are replacing our Cisco content engines, which were directing requests to SmartFilter.

The replacement is the McAfee web gateway's.

We are finding that if we set the browser to go direct to the proxy it works.

WCCP redirection is not working reliably at all.

Wondering if others are setul using WCCP for proxy?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
salanis
Level 10

Re: Others using WCCP to direct traffic through the proxy?

on 12/21/10 2:07:32 PM CST
0 Kudos
bradh
Level 7

version is 7.0.2.1.0 (9319), but it didn't work in the version before that either from what I recall.

we are not authenticating WCCP calls.. this is the 'catch all' when a client is not going to the web gateway via a direct proxy.  From prior version of web gateway (version 6) we learned that trying to authenticate the WCCP user was unreliable and prone to problems.

we find that using WCCP will result in requests hanging and not completing.  Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

wondering if it is a product problem.. if you (or others) are successfully using the web gateway v7 using WCCP, I'd like to collaborate to understand what might be amiss here!

Thanks

0 Kudos
jont717
Level 12

We are currently running WCCP mode in Web Gateway 7.0.2.   It works fine for us.  WCCP is setup in our Cisco ASA firewall to point port 80, 443 to our gateways.

We have two Gateways with are also load balancing with WCCP automatically.  (wccp sends out hash buckets)

Authentication also works great.  You have to authenticate differently than direct proxy mode.

0 Kudos
salanis
Level 10

Transparent authentication process can be found at this link:

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/29947

Thus far it has worked great.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

0 Kudos