cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online rule set library - Youtube block categories

Jump to solution

youtube.bmp

Version: 7.1.6.1.0 build: 12742

Having problems with the fields not being populated on the block page. (see below)

URL categories can be populated if i change the property from URL.Categories to URL.CategoriesForURL. That in turn allows the Reputation field to be populated. The other blank fields remain blank. The dedected category looks like an invalid value as it is coloured red within the html template.

Has anyone tried this and can confirm that it is working for them?

Thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: Online rule set library - Youtube block categories

Jump to solution

Hi Iain,

I have created those rules. Can you edit the template in the tempalte editor and point it to the correct user-defined property (User-Defined.YoutubeCategory). I believe the import user defined property in an error template makes some problems in the import, since the ID may change which is used to reference the property.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
6 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hi Iain,

I have created those rules. Can you edit the template in the tempalte editor and point it to the correct user-defined property (User-Defined.YoutubeCategory). I believe the import user defined property in an error template makes some problems in the import, since the ID may change which is used to reference the property.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Andre, that's got the detected category fixed. Did you have to update the url category field as per mu comments above? Also reputation and media type still not populated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hi Iain,

can you check where in the rule set the rule is placed? Is the URL Categorization performed before the Youtube Categorization rules? If a property is empty that usually means it has not been called in the rule engine. Maybe the Youtube rule set blocks the request before URL categorization is done. I think Media Type will stay empty because the request is blocked in the request cycle already, and we never download the content, so I think we can remove that line (it does not make sense here).

The URL Category actually should work.

Can you have a look?

Thanks,

Andre

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am calling the Youtube rule before the general category blocking rule, however the parameters in the block page do refer to the URL engine settings. Anyhow I don't see the need for any of the other parameters as we know it's Youtube, we know it's streaming media etc.

The pertinent info is URL and dectected catagory.

Thx again for your help

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hi Iain,

if the categorization is performed after the Youtube rule set the category will stay empty. Calling "URL.Categories" from the error template does not cause MWG to perform the lookup. Properties are only filled if you call them from within the rule engine. If they are empty an empty value will be logged for both, error templates and log files.

Hope that makes sense.

best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes thx

0 Kudos