cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erodriguez
Level 7

OWA with McAfee Webgateway 7.4

I'm currently configuring OWA with McAfee Webgateway 7.4 without success. I am using a common reverse proxy rule.

Anyone currently have this setup that can help me or provide me the documentation for this process.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: OWA with McAfee Webgateway 7.4

Moved from Community Help to Web Gateway for better support.

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Do you receive any error message. We implemented several MWG reverse proxy environments using Microsoft OWA.

Cheers,

Thorsten

0 Kudos

Hi.

I need create Rule Set for reverse proxy to MS Exchange (OWA) with SSO. User reverse to MWG page, enter login\password and then this login\password substituted to OWA auth page and enter to personal interface (email page). MWG can do it?

Now i use MWG auth, then if user in MS AD he will connect to OWA page where he enter login\password again.

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi alexey,

actually we are working on such a solution with MWG and MCSSO. But not ready yet.

Cheers,

Thorsten

0 Kudos

Thank you for response. I will waiting.

0 Kudos
c0rec0re
Level 7

Hello Troja!

Any updates here?

I'm also interested in Lync publishing and SSO.

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi,

perhaps we are implementing such a project for 20000 users this year. I do not know the exactly timeframe.

Lets see what will be happen.

Will update the thread here. :-)

Cheers

0 Kudos
c0rec0re
Level 7

I know that "one well known vendor" can do it (publish OWA and SSO it to inside), but I do not see that MWG can publish OWA and SSO, it can only reverse proxy it.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

MWG can as well.

Publish is such a lax term and simply describes a method of making it accessible to the outside - oh wait, that's a reverse proxy!

Enable basic authentication on OWA. Now let MWG do the auth upfront. You should make sure that only SSL can be used. Then use any authentication rule. MWG will send a 401 to the client, this will trigger the client to include the Proxy-Authorozation Header in the message. MWG will not strip that header and let the destination server read that as well. Voila, your SSO.

Michael

0 Kudos