cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to update MWG 7 Appliance-NEXT HOP Proxy

Hi All,

Can you please let me know why i am not able to update the Appliance nor am i able to access internet. i have configured next hop proxy and still i am not able to connect to internet. please help.

Regards

Muntazir

0 Kudos
8 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: Not able to update MWG 7 Appliance-NEXT HOP Proxy

Hello Muntazir,

please check KB68999, which explains how to upgrade MWG7 through a next-hop proxy.

Please let us know if that helps you.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Hello Andre,

Yes the article had helped me to update the Appliance.,

But why is it that my internet is not working through NEXT HOP. I received on browser (The Proxy received an invalid response.) so please suggest if you have come across such issues.

Regards

Muntazir

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

can you share some details about how you have configured the next-hop proxy usage? Did you check if the next-hop is used at all?

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Hello Andre,

i have enabled the next hop proxy please find the screen shot for ur reference.

Image-1

next hope enabled.jpg

image - 2

next hope enabled_1.jpg

so please suggest if there is anything else you require from my end.

can you suggest me the best practise for configuring MWG 7

Regards

Muntazir

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hi Muntazir,

After configuring the next-hop proxy you need to call an Event somewhere in the Rule set in order to make use of it. Can you let me know if you have implemented that as well? Can't find that on the screenshots.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I have created an event also were in i am specified the upstream proxy IP and port. if you look at the 2 image you will find 1 EVENT. if you want the screenshot of that as well i can do that.

I am not sure about the RULE CRITERIA and ACTION to be mentioned in there.

Regards

Muntazir

0 Kudos

hi Andre,

Please find the event screen shot for your reference. let me know if anything else is required from my end.

image 3

next hope enabled_3.jpg

Regards

Muntazir

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

that looks pretty good and should actually make use of the Next-Hop proxy, assuming the rule criteria is not preventing the rule from being executed. Can you maybe check the criteria or maybe switch it to "always" to route all traffic through the proxy? The Acvtion should be "Allow" in this case. You may want to put that rule pretty much on top of your rule set.

As far as I can see on the screenshot this looks pretty good. My only concern is the rule not being executed.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos