cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgribosky
Level 7

Need Rule to allow facebook only

I need to create a new rule to allow facebook only not all social networking,  Has anyone done this because my rule is not working.

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
kbolt
Level 10

Re: Need Rule to allow facebook only

You could look at the URL and whitelist those belonging to the www.facebook.com domain.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

If Application.Name equals Facebook, block.

or

If Application.Name is in list (Facbook <add all facebook applications>) Block.

Michael

0 Kudos
bgribosky
Level 7

Hi All,

thanks for the reply's.  Please let me better communicate my problem.  I want to only access to facebook for only one user.  I did create a rule for social networks and added the users and they can access social networking but that is all of social networking.

I cloned the rule and tried to change social network to a specific application of facebook but that doesn't work.

I need to have the rule to allow facebook only for a specific user.

Barbara

0 Kudos
col_loki
Level 7

Hi Barbara,

Something like this should work.....

Authentication.UserGroups contains FacebookUserGroup

AND

URL.Host matches facebook.com

Stop Rule Set

You would create a group (in case you need to add future users) "FacebookUserGroup", and add user.

Have Web Gateway check for group membership and the requested host is facebook.com and have it Stop Rule Set and process the request.

The placement of such a rule will depend on your setup, I would place it in "URL Filtering" toward the top.

** You will also have to be aware that Facebook uses another domain to host its data, like fbcn.net , you will need to enable these too .....possibly change rule to "URL.Host matches in list" and specify sites**

Hope that is of some help.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

If Authenticaion.UserName equals Jon and Application.Name is in list (Facbook <add all facebook applications>) Stop Cycle

Then your normal rules.

Michael

0 Kudos
NetTas
Level 7

Hello Michael Schneider - Andrew from Tasmania here. - Long time no speak

Question: Can I say Application.Name equals Facebook*.

I notice in the 'Social Networking' Application Name list that there are a number of Facebook .... applications and want to block then all.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

You could try to set it up like this:

2015-05-22 16_49_49-McAfee _ Web Gateway - MWG7-1 - 10.140.184.111.png

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos