cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify timeout parameter don´t work

Hi,

I have an application we want to connect to, but the connection closes after 120 secs of inactivity. The problem is in the timeout of the proxy.

I have used a Rule to increase the timeout when we connect to a website. I have modified the event "Enable Proxy Control", and inside it I have changed the timeout in the field HTTPs, FTP, ICAP to 300 seconds, but it doesn't work. The proxy continues taking the default value (120 secs)

If I change the default value in the global configuration, it works. The timeout for the aplication increases.

Do you have any idea about why the rule doesn't work?

Thank you.

3 Replies

Re: Modify timeout parameter don´t work

I do this successfully. Are you sure your rule gets really triggered?

I have checked it and now its correctly applied, i had the web name in the rule and i have changed to public IP Adress, and the rule is matching correctly now. But i still have another problem. The application (CITRIX), at 5 -7 min, freezes when this rule is working so I have to close it.

Do you think that i need to modify another parameter?

McAfee Employee jscholte
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Usually Citrix applications will send some sort of keep alive message in order to prevent the connection from going stale. If you increase the timeout as you did above, does this seem increase the time it takes for the app to freeze? For the way you're doing this (using Proxy Control with criteria based on host or dest IP) it's safe to increase the timeout even higher (9999 is as high as you can go).

Best Regards,

Jon

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community