cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MediaType

Good Day

I'm looking for a way to block not only applications, but the file types. i.e. windows help files .hlp and chm.

They don't show up in the list.

Thanks

Dana

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: MediaType

.hlp -> application/ms-help

.chm -> application/ms-html-help

Highlighted

Thanks, now I get it look for the specific application, not very intuitive though...

Dana

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 4 of 7

what do you mean by application? What I listed - this is "official" names for these file types. If you want to block based on file extension (not recommended though), you can use MediaType.FromExtension property

Highlighted

I mean when searching for the extensions, I looked for the extension not the specific application or software i.e ms-help, my bad... and why isn't it recommended?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 6 of 7

It's recommended because user can rename files, files could be delivered via 'CGI' scripts, etc. The MediaType.EnsuredTypes works very fast & precise.

Highlighted

Ok, I understand thanks.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community