Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Media Type Filtering Exception Based On User List

Hi guys,

I'm having problems finding a way on how to assign media filtering type and put an exception for each of department.  To be more precise, it would be like this..

Department A > Allow to upload .doc file and Allow to download .doc file. to all websites

while

Department B > Block to upload .doc file and Block to download .doc file. to all websites.

Also, I need to know on how to specify Allow/Blocking media type for certain website ; eg : gmail.com only.

any advise is highly appreciated. Thanks

2 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: Media Type Filtering Exception Based On User List

Hi Wan!

This concept is often applied to URL filtering i.e. I want this user to get to that site, but that user to get to only those sites...

Its discussed at length in this article:

The concept is to define the groups/users/IPs/sites that you want to allow uploads, and set a flag which will allow or block them later in the rules.

Best Regards,

Jon

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3

Re: Media Type Filtering Exception Based On User List

Hi Jon,

I have done creating the web mapping (policy assignment) but im a bit lost on how do I set the event to allow certain users/groups to upload / download media filtering by certain website with specific file extension .doc / .docx. Do you have any tutorial for this?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community