cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcafee Web Gateway proxy authentication question

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a way to try ldap authentication but if it fails still allow through. This is for a group of servers that I want to attempt to gather the user but if it fails still allow it to proceed. Is this possible with MWG? Redirection will be via WCCP.

Thanks!

2 Replies

Re: Mcafee Web Gateway proxy authentication question

Allowing failed authentication is what we call "try auth". There's a rule set in the rule set library: policy > add > top level rule set > import rule set from rule set library > authentication > Try Authentication.

-Patrick

Regis
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mcafee Web Gateway proxy authentication question

pbrickey wrote:

Allowing failed authentication is what we call "try auth". There's a rule set in the rule set library: policy > add > top level rule set > import rule set from rule set library > authentication > Try Authentication.

-Patrick

On a related note, I've found myself having to whitelist a lot of linux/unix hosts past the Try Auth ruleset.      Can someone explain how the try auth ruleset is supposed to work, and whether it being a problematic "prompt user tons"  prospect for Linux desktop user?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.