cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idreeskm
Level 7

Mcafee Web Gateway Youtube API

Greetings Every body,

I tried to use the the unblock/block youtube channel by using API on our web Gateway, before we move it to production we consult our lawyer about Term of Services of Google API and they told us you can't put it without the contract agreement with google, is that true? I Need some body from mcafee support to help us on that, do mcafee have agreement or any things with google by allowing mcafee customer to use API on the Web Gateway, please your help is really appreciated in this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Mcafee Web Gateway Youtube API

Hello,

McAfee doesn't offer this as service for customers, therefore an individual agreement with Google is needed if required so by Google terms.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
idreeskm
Level 7

Thanks a lot Micael for the reply, as you said Mcafee is not offer this as service but they offer it as a solution, I think Mcafee should alert the customer about that with the solution. Thanks a gain.

Thanks.

Khalid

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi all,

isn´t the youtube API a free service from Google?

Youtube API

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/

Youtube Terms of Use.

https://developers.google.com/youtube/terms

We have several customers using the Google API with MWG. No one needed a contract agrrement with google. From my point of knowledge you can use the API for free. I think it only depends if you use the API for your own or for some commercial use.

Perhaps your lawyer takes a look at the Terms of Use. :-)

The lawyers outcome would be interesting.

Cheers,

Thorsten

0 Kudos
idreeskm
Level 7

Greetings Thorsten, actually we are using the API  in our Company which has 100000 + Employees, and I thought it is a free like you, but for a reason we said we should consult our Lawyer department, we send it to them and they said we can'y put it without the agreement of Google and we should talk to them. any way I will see if I can get some of the lawyer concern.

Thanks.

Khalid

0 Kudos
feeeds
Level 9

I just downloaded the new v3 rule today.  With regards to this API key, is it tied to our domain or to the gmail account that created it? I could create one with my personal gmail account and import it, but how is that used in the rule validation? What is the API key really needed for?

thanks,

0 Kudos
bgartama
Level 9

It is tied to the account you used to create it. The key is used when the MWG reaches out to the API to query for video information.

0 Kudos