cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adabbas
Level 7

McAfee web gateway appliance iso image loaded

Jump to solution

i have downloaded evaulation version of McAfee web gateway appliance iso image from mcafee website, i made a new VM using vmware workstation software, giving 40gb of storage space and 3 gb memory, ynderlying operating system selected was linux 2.6.x kernel (not 64 bit) . iso image was loaded and installation was done using video mode , the installtion ended up but i am getting text mode , i am interested to have GUI mode of McAfee Web Content Filtering. Help required.mcafee.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: McAfee web gateway appliance iso image loaded

Jump to solution

Hello,

the result is perfectly fine. Video mode means that the text-console you see in the screenshot above is primarily sent to the VGA output. On physical hardware this would mean the text console (and all kernel messages) would go to an attached monitor, in VMWare they will go to the console.

The other option is to send all output primarily to a serial output. MWG does not come with an X Server and/or a graphical console like Windows. You need a client PC and a browser and point it to the Web Interface, as Erik explained.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
19 Replies
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

Connect your browser to

http://192.168.133.134:4711

You should choose Redhat 5 64-bit or Centos 5 64-bit for the VM guest OS.

Message was edited by: eelsasser on 1/24/12 11:58:52 AM EST
0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

the result is perfectly fine. Video mode means that the text-console you see in the screenshot above is primarily sent to the VGA output. On physical hardware this would mean the text console (and all kernel messages) would go to an attached monitor, in VMWare they will go to the console.

The other option is to send all output primarily to a serial output. MWG does not come with an X Server and/or a graphical console like Windows. You need a client PC and a browser and point it to the Web Interface, as Erik explained.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
adabbas
Level 7

Jump to solution

It worked bro, i am new to this and i am using Mcafee product for the first time. I am keen to have hands on McAfee and go forward.

Now i have another issue:

1. Now i have got the web interface, but username/password are incorect. this is the msg i am getting. what username/passwd is Mcafee web gateway asking from me at this step??

I will need help for all y future steps,,,in config and administering McAfee Web gateway.

Thanks .

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

for the Web GUI admin/webgateway should work fine.

To start with Web Gateway there are several options. You could start with the following video series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lMxpDYA5Wg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D56wGhy6qkk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnU0Xh5_nIQ

to get a brief overview. You should also obtain a copy of the MWG 7 product guide, which is available from the contentsecurity.mcafee.com portal of from the KB at mysupport.mcafee.com.

You may also want to look at http://www.mcafeequickstart.com/ for more information about traning options.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
adabbas
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks bro, it helped a lot.

the links u provied and the documentation , i will review all, and if some problem comes up, i will let you know.

Thnks again, i appreciate that.

regards.

adnan

0 Kudos
adabbas
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have started the McAfee Web Gateway and it is good product i believe.

I want to change the Default McAfee Page which appears when a user is shown a page of Blocked website, i hope you understand.

need help. coz i want to change index.html file to my company website page.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

If you modify any of the block templates you will get to the "template editor". On the left you can see all "templates" that currently exist, and a "file system" view. In the files ystem view you will find the index.htm which is used as a template for all the block pages which are displayed. You can also find the link to the McAfee Logo there:

Template Editor_271.png

You can upload new files like pictures by using the "Add"->"Existing file or directory" button. Once you added a picture, you can modify the link to point to the new file name.

0 Kudos
adabbas
Level 7

Jump to solution

can you please guide me coz i cant find this section which you have displayed, i am using 30 days evaluation version, kindly guide me.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

In the UI, please try this:

Auswahl_272.png

Instead of "URL Filter" and "URL Blocked" you can use any  other rule set that contains a block action. Unfortunately there is no "global" button that opens the template editor for you, so you have to use a block action to get there.