cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Webgateway 7.2.0.5.0- Citrix GoToMeeting

we are having troubles when starting Citrix GoToMeeting Webcam-Sharing. The proxy uses NTLM authentication and I'm afraid the citrix webcam module doesn't support a proxy with authentication. If I try to activate the cam I just see the message "Contacting server" and thats all. I turned on debug logging and saw that authentication doesn't work. Normally I would put the User Agent or URL host to the global whitelist, or just would say, that authentication should be skipped for this user agent/ url host/or domain, but the module doesn't send any User Agent and it tries to contact a lot of different IP Adresses.

Furthermore I turned on the GoToMeeting wizard to check the connection and it always stops by showing a message, that the proxy needs my credentials, if I type them in, the same message appears again. So authentication fails.

Did anyone have this problem before?

Thx!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: McAfee Webgateway 7.2.0.5.0- Citrix GoToMeeting

Perhaps this newly published article can help shed some light on the issue:

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4771

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos

Thanks for the link, but we aren't using SSL scanning.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

The article could be applied to authentication as well if needed to bypass citrix related IPs from authentication (as it sounds like the issue is related to).

It shows you how to leverage McAfee Maintained lists such as the Citrix related IP ranges, so you dont have to manage it.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

it worked! thank you so much!!

0 Kudos