cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anas.zahid
Level 7

McAfee WebGateway update issue

hi i am trying to engines update but i got some error

[2014-11-12 11:46:26.927 +00:00] An os error exception occured with error code: 110 and message: errno: 110 - 'Connection timed out'

can anyone help;

0 Kudos
8 Replies
haaris
Level 10

Re: McAfee WebGateway update issue

It looks lyk that u have network connectivity problem or its too slow.Try with manual update, check whether it works or not

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

If all updates fail this is a good indication for a network problem or a missing upstream proxy in the configuration. If only some of the updates fail please provide more details, e.g. update.log and mwg-coordinator.errors.log from the logs folder.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
anas.zahid
Level 7

Thanks for your reply

i am trying this update since morning and my webgateway still at this point "mwgappl: request update server (0%)"

i was installed webgateway on vmware

before yesterday i was tried to update the error was same but update starting 55% and after a whole day stop update 61% and also i was tried to manually update that was also taking 3 hours and did not update successfully.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

thank you for the details but I don't think they will help us to determine what the problem may be.

I have talked to support and it seems there is already a service request opened with those guys. We looked at a log file that was part of the Service Request and it seems MWG has trouble to make the initial call to the update server infrastructure, as all I can see in the log is how MWG collects the currently installed versions then wants to send this list to the update server and then logs a timeout.

If you SSH into the virtual machine or go the console, are you able to run:

wget --no-check-certificate https://tau.mcafee.com

What is the output?

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
anas.zahid
Level 7

I was re-installed the OS of MWG the issue is same.

this is the result

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

the output says "Connection timed out.". This clearly means that your MWG has no connectivity to tau.mcafee.com, which is the server that provides the updates. It could be a firewall dropping the packets or maybe a routing issue.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
anas.zahid
Level 7

Thank you so very much for supporting me

the issue has been resolved firewall was drop the packets thanks once again.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Cool! Well done :-) Thank you for letting us know.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos