Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anas.ismail
Level 9

McAfee Web Reporter actions

Jump to solution

Hello All,

Regarding McAfee Web Reporter actions ( Allow, Block, Monitor, Bypass, Override, and Warn ).

Allow & Block are obvious, could any one please explain to me the other actions refer to what? I have not found any helpful answer in the documents nor the community.

Thanks in advance.

Anas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: McAfee Web Reporter actions

Jump to solution

Hi Anas!,

These actions were updated in Web Reporter 5.2.1 to work with MWG 7.3.1+.

The actions Monitor, Bypass, Override, and Warn have to do with quota related activities. Quota related activities would be coaching, time quota, volume quota, and welcome page.

Warn = User receives block page (which will allow them to click continue or enter override credentials)

Bypass = User clicked continue on the block page to access blocked content

Override = User typed override credentials into the block page to access blocked content

Monitor, I don't have an example for MWG, this was specific to SmartFilter.

Best Regards,

Jon Scholten

4 Replies
anas.ismail
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you,

But I am looking for an answer to my question and I have not found it on the documents you mentioned!!

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Anas!,

These actions were updated in Web Reporter 5.2.1 to work with MWG 7.3.1+.

The actions Monitor, Bypass, Override, and Warn have to do with quota related activities. Quota related activities would be coaching, time quota, volume quota, and welcome page.

Warn = User receives block page (which will allow them to click continue or enter override credentials)

Bypass = User clicked continue on the block page to access blocked content

Override = User typed override credentials into the block page to access blocked content

Monitor, I don't have an example for MWG, this was specific to SmartFilter.

Best Regards,

Jon Scholten

anas.ismail
Level 9

Jump to solution

Many thanks Jon

0 Kudos