cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Web Gateway failed to join Windows Domain

Hello everyone,

I've got a problem to connect the MWG with my DC.

I already search for helping posts here and followed this solution:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Web-Gateway/Joining-MWG7-on-Windows-Domain/m-p/300385#215900

But didn't work so far. The only error message I got is:

Spoiler

2020-10-12 15:51:14,349 [ERROR] error while processing request:

com.scur.k.shared.exceptions.KCoordinatorException: Can't connect to DC

at com.scur.k.server.ww.adapter.actions.TriggerNTLMJoinAdapter.parseResponse(TriggerNTLMJoinAdapter.java:104)

at com.scur.k.server.ww.adapter.actions.TriggerNTLMJoinAdapter.parseResponse(TriggerNTLMJoinAdapter.java:21)

at com.scur.k.server.ww.adapter.AbstractAdapter.fromCoordinator(AbstractAdapter.java:98)

at com.scur.k.server.ww.adapter.AbstractAdapter.send(AbstractAdapter.java:191)

at com.scur.k.server.ww.WwCommunicationManager.triggerNTLMJoin(WwCommunicationManager.java:254)

at com.scur.k.server.ServerFunctionHandler.processServerFunction(ServerFunctionHandler.java:320)

at com.scur.k.server.Request.doPost(Request.java:119)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:303)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

at com.scur.k.server.filter.AuthenticationFilter.handleNeedsAuthentication(AuthenticationFilter.java:130)

at com.scur.k.server.filter.AuthenticationFilter.doFilterHttpServet(AuthenticationFilter.java:82)

at com.scur.k.server.filter.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:69)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)

at com.scur.k.server.filter.CertificateAuthenticationFilter.doFilterHttpServlet(CertificateAuthenticationFilter.java:75)

at com.scur.k.server.filter.CertificateAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(CertificateAuthenticationFilter.java:45)

at com.scur.k.server.filter.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:83)

at com.scur.k.server.filter.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:83)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:110)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:492)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:165)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:452)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1201)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:654)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketWithOptionsProcessor.run(AprEndpoint.java:2469)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Anyone knows this problem and could give me a solution?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Web Gateway failed to join Windows Domain

Hello,

indeed that is not much technical information.

From what I see we fail to parse the NTLM response we get from the DC. I would recommend to

- Take a feedback
- Create a packet capture between MWG and the DC while trying to connect
- Create an SR upload feedback and packet capture
- Let me know the SR number

I am happy to take a look what fails and why.

Best,
Andre

Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Have you try Use DC name from NTLM Handshake?

1. specify the Domain controller 

2 select Use "DC name from NTLM Handshake"

Regards

Tony

I already try this, but didn't work either.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

did you file an SR with us already?

Best,
Andre

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community