Did you mean: 
Asogan
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Web Gateway & CSR queries

Hi Experts,

I need an advice on the following requirement:-

1. Can McAfee WG host more than 1 PAC file?, Different PAC files for different group of users?
  2. Logs to store in local WG in branches, to push to McAfee CSR (hosted in HQ) during non-peak hours?
  3. For the below ePO and CSR spec, will this be sufficient to cater for 3 branches with HQ WG logs?

ePO & CSR & DB Hardware Configuration:                                  

Processor: 2.30 GHz (4 Core)

Memory (RAM): 16 GB

Minimum disk space: 300 GB

Microsoft Windows Server 2016

1 Reply
smasnizk
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Web Gateway & CSR queries

Dear @Asogan 

I'll try to answer your questions as fare as possible for me below:

@Asogan wrote:

Hi Experts,

I need an advice on the following requirement:-

1. Can McAfee WG host more than 1 PAC file?, Different PAC files for different group of users?
  2. Logs to store in local WG in branches, to push to McAfee CSR (hosted in HQ) during non-peak hours?
  3. For the below ePO and CSR spec, will this be sufficient to cater for 3 branches with HQ WG logs?

ePO & CSR & DB Hardware Configuration:                                  

Processor: 2.30 GHz (4 Core)

Memory (RAM): 16 GB

Minimum disk space: 300 GB

Microsoft Windows Server 2016

1. The File server doesn't have limitation how many files you host. I can imagine its possible to achieve but haven't seen such implementation jet. Alternative you can deliver Proxy.pac by policy defining different criteria's for each pac file. Here is a sample for Cloud which would work in the same way for local proxy as well: Link 

2. you can define log rotation time to rotate and push logs. However the default setting is most likely not an issue for majority of our customers.

3. sizing of CSR cant be done by number of log sources. At the end the number of logs and its size will be the factor to choose for certain amount of resources needed. From Installation guide I personally wouldn't go with less as Medium deployment and external DB.  here

Best Regards,
Sergej

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community