cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mekafir
Level 7

McAfee Web Gateway 7.5.2.5.0.20828 slows down certain URL ?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I'm using McAfee Web Gateway 7.5.2.5.0.20828 as a hardware appliance in my Data Centre it works great except that it slows down access to this one particular website: http://www11.easyrms.com/ ?

because when I use direct conenction without proxy, it seems faster than using the above proxy appliance .

How can I troubleshoot or know if there is any update to the above appliance version ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikrotik
Level 10

Re: McAfee Web Gateway 7.5.2.5.0.20828 slows down certain URL ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

1- You may troubleshoot this site via Troubleshoot option. You may check/verify how many filters are being configured/activated on this site in your appliance policy.

2- You may download product latest version from contentsecurity.mcafee.com (as showing in the attached picture)

If you don’t have logon credentials to this site, please contact service@mcafee.com including your Grant-ID, company name and main contact person address details.

Thank You!@

3 Replies
mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

1- You may troubleshoot this site via Troubleshoot option. You may check/verify how many filters are being configured/activated on this site in your appliance policy.

2- You may download product latest version from contentsecurity.mcafee.com (as showing in the attached picture)

If you don’t have logon credentials to this site, please contact service@mcafee.com including your Grant-ID, company name and main contact person address details.

Thank You!@

mekafir
Level 7

Jump to solution

ok, I assume that the update is going to cause some outage but very briefly so I can do it duringthe business hours ?

While the latest Engine and Pattern Updates is automatically downloaded nightly scheduled.

Is that correct ?

0 Kudos
mikrotik
Level 10

Jump to solution

Hi,

This depends on internet speeds Also for production environment you may configure this in business hours or as per your environment need.

Thank You!

0 Kudos