cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ron.sokol
Level 10

McAfee Client Proxy Customer ID field in policy - how do we generate/request this?

Jump to solution

Hi, kids, looking for some experience in where we can get/generate the Customer ID for us in McAfee Client Proxy policy for secure off-network access to a McAfee Web Gateway or SaaS.

Also note, if you roll a MCP agent with the McAfee Default or My Default policy, you have a laptop with no proxy defined, and you can't even communicate with ePO to remove the agent.  I don't see a way to remove the agent locally either

Finally, you can't save a new policy without the Customer ID and shared password fields completed.

Can't find this in any documentation, and also can't find the product guide for MCP...

Any help appreciated - and thanks in advance!

-Ron

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sroering
Level 13

Re: McAfee Client Proxy Customer ID field in policy - how do we generate/request this?

Jump to solution

The Customer ID is a fixed value for SaaS or an arbitrary value for Web Gateway. Just make sure the MCP policy is using the same values depending if you are going to SaaS or Web Gateway.  If you are trying to leverage both in the same policy, you would need to use the same customer ID and password for both, which means you configure the Web Gateway to use the same values as SaaS, since SaaS values are static.

saas_client_id_xml.bmp

screen001.bmp

Regarding how to uninstall MCP client, it depends if you had the protection mode enabled on the client.  To uinstall you would need to deploy a policy with that disabled. If ePO is unable to deploy the policy automatically, then you can do it manually. You can use this KB as a reference.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB74269

Let me know if you need any more help.

5 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Re: McAfee Client Proxy Customer ID field in policy - how do we generate/request this?

Jump to solution

The Customer ID is a fixed value for SaaS or an arbitrary value for Web Gateway. Just make sure the MCP policy is using the same values depending if you are going to SaaS or Web Gateway.  If you are trying to leverage both in the same policy, you would need to use the same customer ID and password for both, which means you configure the Web Gateway to use the same values as SaaS, since SaaS values are static.

saas_client_id_xml.bmp

screen001.bmp

Regarding how to uninstall MCP client, it depends if you had the protection mode enabled on the client.  To uinstall you would need to deploy a policy with that disabled. If ePO is unable to deploy the policy automatically, then you can do it manually. You can use this KB as a reference.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB74269

Let me know if you need any more help.

Troja
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hi all,

with the released version of MCP when you have only a MWG license you can generate your Customer IP with a offline Tool.

Regards,

Thorsten

Nachricht geändert durch Troja on 23.05.12 15:00:26 MESZ
0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

But just having any file isn't good enough. The values are used for authentication and encryption between the client and the proxy so it needs to match with SaaS or Web Gateway, depending on which you are using for a proxy.  Just use the MWG and/or the SaaS gui to get the customer info file.

0 Kudos
ron.sokol
Level 10

Jump to solution

Thanks gentlemen - this is what I got from support yesterday as well, which seems to match up exactly:

"Hello Ron -

First of all, thanks for your patience. The Client ID isarbitrary and is 1st specified on the Webgateway.

In the Webgateway (see screenshot) UI Create a newauthentication engine of type McAfee Client Proxy under:

Policy > Settings > click Add button And selectAuthentication under the Engines tree...from dropdown box select McAfee ClientProxy and proceed with entering the Customer/Client ID, password.

Once complete, export this to file so you can import itinto Epo/MCP - please see the attached screenshot.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can providemore clarity. I'll follow up with you on Thursday should I not hear from youprior to then - thanks -"

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

Hello Ron,

Yes, I work in support and know Brent was assigned to your ticket.  We already made the connection between your support case and this thread.

0 Kudos