cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Data Intake Size

Hi,

What is the maximum size that the gateway can handle when accepting a data file intake?   (in other words, the maximum payload size that the gateway can accept and handle at one time) 

Thanks,

3 Replies

Re: Maximum Data Intake Size

I'm not sure what you mean with intake bud maybe have a look at the proxy controll settings (at the bottom) there are max amount of data per connection defined, which you can override.

Hi,

I am not sure what file you are talking about

I am just trying to figure out what the is largest file size that the gateway can accept and process at one time.  For example, let's say a user submits a file to the gateway.  What is the largest file size it can be without having any problems with the session dropping or erroring. 

Thanks,

what do you mean with: "submits a file to the gateway"?

the default settings for one connection is time: 24h and amount: 10240 MB (see proxy control settings)

it also depends on the filesize and amount you are scanning if the system can handle it in a timely manner, so the total system load.

sometimes i see that Microsoft ISO with more than 3GB are downloaded and scanned without problems on our MWG

theoretically the filesize is limited by the cache/opt filesystem which for cache is ext2/3, so max. filesize is 2TB (depending the blocksize https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext2 )

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator