cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chvgms
Level 7

Managing MWG clusters

Hi,

I have 3 MWG clusters (2*4500C  and 1*4500B) running independent policies. I want to manage all 3 clusters so that policy is in sync at any time. What is the best way to manage them?

Thanks,

Sridhar

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Troja
Level 14

Re: Managing MWG clusters

Hi,

the easiest way is to build one policy which for your complete MWG environment. You can deplay a virtual machine just for managing the policy.

Afterwards you can remove the appliances from the central management and add them to the new management MWG.

The system settings are not changed.

It is also useful to make a backup of any cluster before changing the central management cluster.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

0 Kudos
chvgms
Level 7

my current requirement is to have 2 clusters at siteA to be in sync (policy) with each other. The other clsuter is at siteB. So inorder to manage all MWG clusters using VM, do i need an additonal license. Also to add the VM, do i use the VIP or the individual IP's? FYI, we have 3 clsuters configured in traditional proxy cluster.

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Hi,

no, you need no license, MWG is licensed by user.

1) Yes, you can configure mwg using to different HA clusters but the same policy on every mwg.

2) if you want to configure different policies for every HA Cluster (Site A uses a different policy as Site B) you have to separate it in the ruleset. In this case you can use e.g. the proxy system name.

Cheers

0 Kudos
chvgms
Level 7

thq, i can built a new VM with the same version as others MWG's and add them to the CM using the VIP for policy sync.  By doing this will i be retaining the individual settings/configuration of the boxes as well as the cluster configuration settings?

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Yes, this will remain the Appliance settings.

In a central Management anything under "Policy" and "Accounts" is synced.

Cheers

0 Kudos
dragonknight
Level 9

Hi ,

Please see guide

and

Hope it will help you.

Thanks,

DK

0 Kudos