cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ittech
Level 13

MWG7 ePO extension

What steps do I have to take in order to integrate our MWG7 and ePO 4.5?

I've set up the account info on the ePO server and in the MWG7 appliance settings. Am I missing a step?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
eelsasser
Level 15

Re: MWG7 ePO extension

Insert the ePO bypass rules from the library. This prevents the SSL connection getting SSL scanned.

Then, you have to relax the SSL encryption for the GUI. Consult KB69117 in order to overcome that.

0 Kudos
ittech
Level 13

Okay, I've imported the "Bypass ePO request" rule from the library and entered in the info from the KB to the CLI. Still nothing's happening. So, my questions are:

1. Do I need to change the IP address info from the imported rule from 127.0.0.1 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

OR

2. When I entered the first command (sed -i 's/SSLProtocol="TLSv1"/SSLProtocol="ALL"/' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/mwg-config/configs/konfiguratorcfg.rb) into the CLI, it gave me no response at all. Does that mean I typed it incorrectly or is that normal?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
salanis
Level 10

For number two, that is a search and replace command but you're not going to see or receive any notification.

After you run that command you must reboot the MWG gui via the command line.

In case you have not read our knowledge base article that explains this command please use the following link:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB69117

I hope this helps.

Message was edited by: Saul Alanis on 11/18/10 9:21:18 PM CST
0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

Do not change the IP address from 127.0.0.1. It is correct as-is.

0 Kudos

Thanks for all of the information posted on this thread.  With this thread and the help file in ePO I was able to get MWG7 integrated into it with ease.

0 Kudos
infosecjeff
Level 7

Thanks for the link to the KB.  That resolved the same issue at a client site today!

0 Kudos
ittech
Level 13

I'm still getting no info on the ePO server.

I dunno?

0 Kudos
ittech
Level 13

Finally figured it out!

I had to register the server in ePO, duh! I must have totally missed that part.

On the ePO server go to Configuration > Registered Servers and register away!

0 Kudos