cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MWG7 and virtualbox

I like virtualbox as the software is free and I do not have any major problem in comparation with VMWare workstation.

The only big problem is that MWG7 iso is not booting (s. screenshot).

Any special reason ? It's a bug or a feature ?

Best regards Boris

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: MWG7 and virtualbox

Hey Boris,

the BIOS is checked for a string "VMWare" or "McAfee". If this is not present, MWG won´t install.

Best,

Andre

Highlighted

Ciao Andy, No chance, I modified the settings (McAfee|VMWare|vmware,etc), but maschine still not booting. Are you sure about the checked strings?

VBoxManage setextradata "MWG7.2" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemVendor" "VMWare"

VBoxManage setextradata "MWG7.2" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "VMWare Virtual Platform"

VBoxManage setextradata "MWG7.2" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBIOSVendor" "Phoenix Technologies LTD"

Boris

Highlighted

I've tested this today with VBox 6 + MWG 7.8.

I works via modify VM attributes:

.\VBoxManage.exe setextradata "MWG 8" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiBIOSVendor" "McAfee, Inc."
.\VBoxManage.exe setextradata "MWG 8" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemVendor" "McAfee, Inc."
.\VBoxManage.exe setextradata "MWG 8" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "VMWare"

Highlighted

I`m using MWG 6.8 and 7 on virtualbox about year (for testing purposes) and was not find any issues.

How to set up MWG on another platform - it is possible, ask support for this.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community