Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsgmike
Level 7

MWG7 - Template editing question

Jump to solution

Erik,

What is the best way to add an email address option for certain templates? In the language pack for 6.8.6 we were able to have an option where users could click on the email hyperlink and all the info would pre-fill into the email for submission.

I am going to need this feature so users wont have to describe the error they received.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: MWG7 - Template editing question

Jump to solution

Hello Mike,

the mailto HTML tag is your friend!

Here an example:

<A HREF="mailto:YOURHELPDESK@domain.com?Subject=Request%20submission%20for:%20$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="false" propertyId="com.scur.engine.auth.username"/>$%3A&Body=*%20URL%3A$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="false" propertyId="com.scur.engine.system.url"/>$; *%20User%3A$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="false" propertyId="com.scur.engine.auth.username"/>$; *%20Category%3A$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="true" propertyId="com.scur.engine.trustedsource.url.categories"/>$; *%20Reputation%3A$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="false" configurationId="com.scur.engine.trustedsource.4569" propertyId="com.scur.engine.trustedsource.url.reputation"/>$; *%20Rule%20Name%3A$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="false" propertyId="com.scur.engine.system.rules.currentrulename"/>$; *%20...%0A">Send mail to helpdesk</A></b><br />

Embedd this into your error page in the editor (just cklick on the template you want to change) or change it in the footer of the template.

errorpage.jpg
In my example it shows up in the details part of the block messages:

error.jpg

when clicking on the link, you mail programm will open with certain values:

mail.jpg

You can use any Property as part of the link, so you can put in whatever data you require.

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
14 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Mike,

the mailto HTML tag is your friend!

Here an example:

<A HREF="mailto:YOURHELPDESK@domain.com?Subject=Request%20submission%20for:%20$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="false" propertyId="com.scur.engine.auth.username"/>$%3A&Body=*%20URL%3A$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="false" propertyId="com.scur.engine.system.url"/>$; *%20User%3A$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="false" propertyId="com.scur.engine.auth.username"/>$; *%20Category%3A$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="true" propertyId="com.scur.engine.trustedsource.url.categories"/>$; *%20Reputation%3A$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="false" configurationId="com.scur.engine.trustedsource.4569" propertyId="com.scur.engine.trustedsource.url.reputation"/>$; *%20Rule%20Name%3A$<propertyInstance useMostRecentConfiguration="false" propertyId="com.scur.engine.system.rules.currentrulename"/>$; *%20...%0A">Send mail to helpdesk</A></b><br />

Embedd this into your error page in the editor (just cklick on the template you want to change) or change it in the footer of the template.

errorpage.jpg
In my example it shows up in the details part of the block messages:

error.jpg

when clicking on the link, you mail programm will open with certain values:

mail.jpg

You can use any Property as part of the link, so you can put in whatever data you require.

best,

Michael

0 Kudos
nsgmike
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the answer. I had the mailto tag working fine I was just trying to figure out the values to have the data populate.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

how would i access this templete on my GUI. please suggest.

0 Kudos
nsgmike
Level 7

Jump to solution

Muntazir,

You can acces the templates under Policy --> Settings

From there if you look under the Block section you will see all of the templates. You can either edit each template one by one or edit the default.

Of course some web design experience is needed if you are not sure about editing code

0 Kudos
blazej
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have create additional Collection of templates. Everything is fine but generic error messages are still served using "default" collection. For example when given destination host cannot be resolved the message shown to user is from the "default" collection. I have checked all Blocked, Authenticate and Redirect to use the new templates.

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

At the very end of the proxy configuration, expand the advanced section and you should see the collection set for the proxy error messages.

Capture.jpg

0 Kudos
blazej
Level 7

Jump to solution

That's what I was llooking for. Thanks.

0 Kudos
lukas.rajgl
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi all,

One question, how can Ihandle such a link (blocked URL) in the mailto: body section?

http://www.regnow.com/softsell/visitor.cgi?product=13456-1&affiliate=10793&action=site&ref=http://ww...

The problemis the "&" &amp in the URL

Obviously the &amp will be interpreted as escape sequence by any e-mailclient since the URL in the e-mail will be only something like this: http://www.regnow.com/softsell/visitor.cgi?product=13456-1

I know thatfor &amp "%26" can be used instead in the mailto: context. But how can I use %26 in the  “com.scur.engine.system.url” variable in the MWG7 block page template?

Thanks for any feedback

Regards

Lukas

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

You can do something like this:

<a href='mailto:test@test.com?subject=Test%20subject&body=this%20is%20the%20url:%20$String.ReplaceAll(URL,"&",%26)$'>Mail link</a>

And get results like this:

capture.png

Message was edited by: eelsasser
Ignore the icons that the forum adds. the important part is the $String.ReplaceAll()$ on 4/22/13 11:30:49 AM EDT
0 Kudos