cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dierkesc
Level 7

MWG7:Ruleset usage with HTTP-Header as main criteria.

Hello,

I have a question regarding HTTP-Header as the main criteria for ruleset usage. It works fine for HTTP traffic, but doesn`t work for SSL traffic. We are using a proxy chain, and the first proxy add the HTTP-Header (no ssl termination activated) to the CONNECT command. I think further request will not be transmitted with the Header from first proxy, because of end-to-end encryption.

Question: Is there a way to follow up the session for the mwg appliance without the HTTP-Header attached to further requests, or do we have to use an explicit port for that (without HTTP Header)?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
salanis
Level 10

Re: MWG7:Ruleset usage with HTTP-Header as main criteria.

I apologize if I misunderstood your question but what you're saying is the first proxy adds an HTTP header to the CONNECT request and want to know if the Web Gateway as a proxy chain can remove this header and still forward the request?

Or are you asking if there is a way that you can add an HTTP header to your CONNECT request so that you can apply a specific rule/policy for this request?

0 Kudos
dierkesc
Level 7

Hello, I am asking for the second option (add header on first proxy to apply specific rules/policies within SSL connections).

0 Kudos
salanis
Level 10

Can you attach a network capture providing this connect request with the header you speak of?

on 12/9/10 7:56:43 PM CST
0 Kudos