Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swiss2010
Level 7

MWG7: Replacement for dbinfo query

Hi all

Under MWG 6.8 I was able to display thread infos with the following query:

http://appliance:9999/dbinfo?type=threads

Does anybody know how I can do the same under MWG7?

Thanks and regards

Chris

0 Kudos
8 Replies
rolandscholz
Level 7

Re: MWG7: Replacement for dbinfo query

On command line, just use

/opt/mwg/bin/mwg-core -S threads

However, you need to know that the thread model used in MWG 7 differs significantly.. In MWG 6, you basically has one thread per connection, while MWG 7 uses a thread pool (on default 50 working threads).

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hi Chris,

is there any specific reason for the question? Usually the dbinfo queries were used for debug and troubleshooting purposes, e.g. you had a problem with running threads, hanging actions or memory consumption. As Roland stated, in MWG 7 the thread handling differs, but also the approach to troubleshoot and debug MWG changed. I had to debug a lot of MWG problems, but I never had to look into the running threads so far.

In case you encounter a specific problem I believe we can help you better if you state your issue - then we can explain what steps may be interesting to take and what information may be worth to look at.

@Roland: Nice to see you here :-)

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
swiss2010
Level 7

Hi Andre

The reason is that we sometimes have endlessly growing temporary files (resulting from strange streams or whatever). With MWG 6.8 we were able find the corresponding thread (via filename and via dbinfo) and also the connection (url), and we were able to block these things.

Is this still possible with MWG7? How can I find the corresponding connection to a temp file?

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
rolandscholz
Level 7

You can use the command

/opt/mwg/bin/mwg-core -S connections

to show all connections. However, it doesn't show corresponding tmp files. The output shows the start time of a connection. Long running connections are most likely responsible for a growing tmp-file.

Regards,

Roland

0 Kudos
swiss2010
Level 7

Hi Roland

Thanks, I've already seen that option.

But this means it's no longer possible to match a thread id to a connection or vice versa?

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
rolandscholz
Level 7

Correct, since there is no longer a one to one connection between a connection and a working thread. However, you see wether or not a working thread is currently working on a connection. If so, the fourth column of the "/opt/mwg/bin/mwg-core -S connections" output will show a 1 instead of a 0.

0 Kudos
swiss2010
Level 7

Ok thank you very much!

Are there some other nice cli-commands I should know about?

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
rolandscholz
Level 7

I don't think so, but you can try

/opt/mwg/bin/mwg-core -h

and check for yourself. 

0 Kudos