cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: MWG7 - General Toughts

Thanks . Your screeshots are very helpful.  I agree with this post :  Mcafee has not created any startup documentation where we can refer to for setting up a new MWG 7 environment. I have done most of my policies with a trial and error until they worked.

I am now starting to look at integrating WCCP for un-authenticated users (users who bring thier own PC's and use them on our network) we want to force them through WCCP so at least they get scanned for malware and other rules such as not allowing them to stream video etc. (we already have setup the WCCP rules on our ASA.

Your screenshot was very helpful in getting me started especially the level where the rule should be placed.

For WCCP traffic, do I add the malware scan and other rules as a sub-rule set under the "AUthetication Server (WCCP)" rule set and have a stop cycle at the bottom of the sub ruleset so further processing will not occur?

Many thanks for this....got me going

Jamil

Highlighted

Re: MWG7 - General Toughts

To jrmetull,

We have un-authenticated users that we send through WCCP, but also seperaate rule sets for authenticated users and unauthenticated users.  You really don't have to do anything different configuration wise except set the enablement property for each rule set.  For my scenario, I have the following:

Content filter for Unauthenticated User:  Enable only if Authentication.IsAuthenticated equals False

Content filter for Authenticated User:  Enable only if Authentication.IsAuthenticated equals True

Immediately following those rule sets is the gateway antimalware rule set.

P

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community