Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anas.ismail
Level 9

MWG sizing issue

Jump to solution

hello;

Is there any McAfee Web Gateway modules can support up to 1,000,000 concurrent sessions for 500 user ?

Best Regards;

Anas Ismail.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: MWG sizing issue

Jump to solution

Hi Anas,

At the end of the day, this is a matter or loadbalancing and the network layout that you have build. You might want into distributing these TCP connections to a certain amount of MWGs.

MWG complies with several certifications: they are listed in our specs sheet: http://www.mcafee.com/uk/resources/data-sheets/ds-web-gateway-appliance-specifications.pdf

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
4 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

what load would these connections create? It is very unlikely that you will see 1,000,000 sessions on a web gateway, due to how TCP works.

What we need to give you a number of appliances is the Mbit that your web traffic will generate or the number of requests per seconds on the proxy. For the Mbit calculation, please just take the HTTP(S)/FTP Mbit into consideration, not your exteranl internet pipe.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
anas.ismail
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you Mr. Michael for your kind replay.

actually, I am aware of the metrics affect the sizing for MWG, the network has a  30-80 Mbps throughput, and 500 user,

I am just  wondering does the MWG comply with this number of concurrent sessions?

I have another  question please, could you please tell me, if the MWG compliants  with ( FCC, CE, UL) ?

Best Regards;

Anas Ismail

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Anas,

At the end of the day, this is a matter or loadbalancing and the network layout that you have build. You might want into distributing these TCP connections to a certain amount of MWGs.

MWG complies with several certifications: they are listed in our specs sheet: http://www.mcafee.com/uk/resources/data-sheets/ds-web-gateway-appliance-specifications.pdf

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
anas.ismail
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot Mr. Michael,

0 Kudos