cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sysec
Level 7

MWG as a VPN Concentrator for Android Clients

Hey There,

Wanted to know if any of you had some experience or has some ideas on how to use the Webgateway as a vpn concentrator for Android Clients?

or even better ,the best solution i am looking for is something like what MCP does for Laptops and window clients but for android clients.

capture all traffic on 443 and 80 and proxy it to a proxy server somewhere on the net.

any ideas?

thanks Shay

0 Kudos
7 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: MWG as a VPN Concentrator for Android Clients

As MWG doesn't have VPN installed on it, you will need a VPN server + forward traffic to MWG from that.

There is unfortunately no possibility to have something like a MCP for Droid or iOS, as the OS doesn't allow any stack level manipulation. The most common scenario is VPN, either natively or packaged into a SWG vendor specifc look - at the end of the day it is VPN.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
sysec
Level 7

Hi ,

Is there a way to install VPN server on the MWG ?

and if yes will this then remove the need to redirect traffic to the MWG?

thanks for your assistance in advance

Shay

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

You can technically, but that would remove any support on the box.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
sysec
Level 7

Ok sure ,

is there any way to configure Nat on the webgateway when using transparent router deployement?

right now we installed a vpn server on a server in the internal lan with one of the MWG interfaces as it's default gateway

the other interface is on a different segment that connected to the web and the default gateway of the  MWG is the external firewall.

only when i use port forwarding to a specific server on port 80 i manage to complete a session

if there is no port forwarding the connection is not working and no reply is coming back

any suggestions

thanks Shay

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

iptables is installed on the box which you can use to setup NAT. Please note that McAfee support will not assist setting up or troubleshooting iptables rules on the appliance since this is not a supported functionality. In order to have official support please file an FMR.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
sysec
Level 7

Ok sure ,

is there any way to configure Nat on the webgateway when using transparent router deployement?

right now we installed a vpn server on a server in the internal lan with one of the MWG interfaces as it's default gateway

the other interface is on a different segment that connected to the web and the default gateway of the  MWG is the external firewall.

only when i use port forwarding to a specific server on port 80 i manage to complete a session

if there is no port forwarding the connection is not working and no reply is coming back

any suggestions

thanks Shay

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

To be clear: Fileing an FMR is not needed as this is notjing that we are looking into doing.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos