cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troja
Level 14

MWG and Permissions to Policy objects (Lists)

Jump to solution

Hi all,

we want to change a very complex MWG ruleset with appprox. 1000 list objects included. Is it possible to change the access rights to multiple list objects with "one click"?

Any ideas??

Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: MWG and Permissions to Policy objects (Lists)

Jump to solution

Hi Thorsten,

unfortunately not. Basically it is nothing more than loading the XML, parse it, find the correct line, modify the line and write the result back. In case you have some trouble doing it please send me an eMail and some example files and I will have a look.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
5 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

I am not aware of a nice GUI way to achieve this. The last time I had to correct 15k list objects I used a script :-)

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hi Andre,

is this script public available?? ^^

Best,

Thorsten

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hi Thorsten,

unfortunately not. Basically it is nothing more than loading the XML, parse it, find the correct line, modify the line and write the result back. In case you have some trouble doing it please send me an eMail and some example files and I will have a look.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
Troja
Level 14

Jump to solution

Hi Andre,

you mean changing the XML Files and afterwards forcing the existing ruleset/files to generate the Hash values?

Best,

Thorsten

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Yes!

Nowadays it might be possible to do the same via REST (unfortunately I am not sure if that is possible), but in the end there is nothing wrong of applying the modifications and rehash the configuration. Of course you want to do that not on a production machine but in a test setup first :-)