Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitbd
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

MWG Transparent in Cluster Mode

Hi All,

I have a question about Transparent Mode Multiple devices.

my organization has two PA in cluster mode that connected to two backbones SW ( stuck )

now I need to deploy the MWG in Transparent mode with two devices.

I know that I need to add the secondary device to the central management and configure the Director priority. but how the "Transparent mode in HA/Multiple Device" is working if the Machine A and machine B are not connected to each other ?

I added the "Organization design " below:

MEG.jpg

3 Replies
swilkens1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: MWG Transparent in Cluster Mode

Hello!

The way HA works for Transparent Router mode is the same as with Proxy HA. Namely, for the two nodes to be able to communicate director status and health checks for load balancing, the nodes must be on the same subnet (management interface) and must be able to send and receive broadcasts/multicasts from each other, as well as gratuitous ARPs (to be specific).

You can find more details here:

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4819

Central Management is not technically required for HA functionality, but is recommended so that you have the same policy across nodes in an HA group.

Let me know if this doesn't answer your question or if you have any further questions.

Best,

Steven

amitbd
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thank you for the response

I asked about transparent bridge. This is the same like transparent router?

How the primary mwg knows mwg2?

I understood that the MWGs must to be able to send and receive broadcast from each other but I don't understand how MWG1 knows MWG2. I need to configure something?

Thanks,

lepa
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community